Our Office Policies
Appointments / Cancellations
With the exception of serious emergencies, it is expected that you keep all of your appointments. If you need to reschedule an appointment we require 24 hours notice. In such a case, please call our office and arrange for a make-up appointment with one of our patient care coordinators.
In the event that you need to cancel your appointment, kindly provide 24 hours notice. Your consideration in this matter will allow us to accommodate other patients who could benefit from an appointment.
- Upon check-in, please have the following ready: current insurance cards, photo ID, co-payment, referral for visit.
- Bring all medication bottles to every visit
- If you require copies of your labs, please ask the Medical Assistant at the start of your visit.
- Report any recent hospitalizations.
- Request prescription refills during your visit.
- Make a list of questions you wish to ask.
- Take the lab order you receive at your visit to your testing facility.
- Notify us if you change primary physicians.
- Have your labs and/or any testing completed prior to your visit.
Our office provides on-call service for emergencies. Call 219-931-5227 so that the physician on call can be contacted.
In case of an emergency please report to the nearest hospital and they will contact your physician. If it is not an emergency, please leave a message and out staff will return your call during business hours.
Nephrology Specialists, P.C. accepts cash and personal checks as well as the following credit cards:
- American Express
If you would like to contact our billing service please call (219) 738-6726.
Nephrology Specialists, P.C. provides our patients with office forms for your convenience. We recommend you print and fill these forms prior to your appointment to save time.
- Patient Registration
- Medical History
- X-ray Records Release
- HIPAA Compliance
- Financial Agreement
Note: These files are in PDF format. If you do not have Adobe® Reader® on your computer, you can download it for free by clicking here.
Back to top